When you are hammering sometimes your thumb gets in the way.


Location: Atlanta, GA to Macon, GA
View all the pictures here.

 I will admit, after 27 days I am beginning to have some feelings of loneliness. Im beginning to let my fears sneak back into my life a little bit.

And sometimes little things remind me of my home. Like when I am on a ride and I smell horse shit and horse shit smells like home to me.

I know when I'm not in the no-fear zone because today when I was in Atlanta watching the music and water display at the Olympic Park, I really wanted to take off my shoes and play in the water. I didn't do that.

Instead I watched the bunch of kids there on a school trip who were doing just exactly what they wanted, which was dance to the music an try and avoid getting soaked and smile and laugh and wave their arms and not a single kid was looking around or thinking what anyone else there might be thinking of them.

And I remember that I was talking to a girl last night at the Dive Bar about that very thing, that isn’t it a shame when you get older that you forget how to be innocent again and play? When you're a kid, that’s all there is to do, because everything is new.

You want to have some fun? Be blissful like a kid. Holy shit yeah, it is hard, but can you remember also how awesome it all was when you didn't care? When all there was were sandboxes and naps and bedsheet forts and just needing to be home for dinner?

And I also remember that when I went to a school for the arts that the people there, the people that were teaching us and leading us:  they stressed that in order to become a believable actor, that we needed to remember what it was like to be a kid again.

Now, one thing about acting that actors will tell you is that every good actor is a good listener. When an actor is not a good actor they project, they indicate. I.E. instead of feeling a feeling and listening to the others in the scene with them, they are thinking more about what they think a person in the situation would do, and therefore they are completely of the mark. They are in another moment entirely, and it's transparent. Good actors are like little children.

And then somewhere around puberty, the self-awareness kicks in, and people start to get really lost.

So, the kids at the fountain. I was taking great pictures of them and really enjoying them enjoy themselves. And I wanted to play too. But I was scared. I was scared that people would think I was stupid and they would laugh at me or I would fall over and that I didn’t want to drive with wet pants and I was thinking of all the things that keep me from doing what I really wanted. My objective was to always step outside of my comfort zones, to take leaps of faith. I was unable, on this day, to remember that I almost always land safely on the other side.

And yes, I regret not doing that. But you can't nail it on the head every time either. It's ok to acknowledge that sometimes it's just enough to be a spectator. And you can learn a lot from that too.

So you make concessions, or I make concessions, and I try to make it up to myself later as in maybe the next instance in which I am scared, I wont back off.

And later in the day, I veered viloently off the highway because there was a sign that said something about Falls of some sort. And I almost passed it. But then I remembered I needed to get back in the groove. And I came across this:










Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...