A ride, an incredible meal, and tons of KY.


Yep, that looks like KY to me. 
Location: Lexington, KY

Hey, y'all. Keep in mind these posts are always describing the past. I'm always about two days behind the caboose. I'm a sonic boom.

Got back on the steed on Tuesday for a tour of Lexington, Kentucky. Forecast was for rain, which I don't mind so much. Unless it is cold rain. And then my Raynaud's disease kicks in hard and life is unpleasant.

But when I sent out, it was just cloudy, and I picked a ride from mapmyride.com, which is like the glory-hole of ride sites. "Whiskey Trail" sounded good although I can tell you now that there is no whiskey on this trail and not even a single distillery.

What there is, is cows, horses, miles and miles of black fencing, tons of quiet roads, nice fresh macadam, and minimal traffic. And also a couple of things you wouldn't expect, like a mammoth pile of crap ablaze in the middle of a empty field (see picture), and also a complete circle of black cows standing around a smoldering fire, just smoking-it-up-johnny and shooting the shit (no picture).

Shorty fire burning on the dance floor.
I yelled at them but they just stared back at me, like all cows I have ever met do. They always have this "Do I owe you money?" look to them.

I was kind of hoping to have the black stallion challenge me for a sprint somewhere along the way, but almost all the horses were blindfolded, and there was no way I was going to do that to myself to even the challenge.

Table 310 Chef's choice. 
I met the chef last night from Table 310 and made nice. We hung out at the Chase Tap Room until we got politely kicked out. Our bartender, Melissa, was celebrating her birthday and also her first night on the job, so we shared many shots.

Johnny invited me to come in the next night for dinner and I told him to send me whatever he wanted. He said he would.  And when a chef invites you to his restaurant and promises to send you shit, you better (1) accept and (2) make sure you are ready for anything.

It's performance art and you are the only spectator.

I had:
(1) Frisee Salad in a Dijon Vinaigrette with house lardon (bacon) and a slow 7 minute egg (halved).
(2) Foie Gras with salted peanuts, caramel, and gala apples.
(3) Kentucky prosciutto and house cured Kentucky Bison with mustard and house pickles.
(4) Kentucky Good Shepard Sheep Cheese.
(5) Duck confit crostini with goat cheese and bourbon pouched cherries.
(6) Roasted Marrow Bone with onion jam.
(7) Lamb on Lamb: Kentucky Rack of Lamb and Braised lamb neck w/potato gratin and poached cranberry jam.

Yeah, exactly. Thats what I said. What the fuck? Pays to make friends. And I got paid big time, and fed big big time.

If you make it Lexington, or if you already live here or within 2 hours of here, please do yourself the favor of visiting Johnny and his badass staff at Table 310. You are welcome.

Many many thanks to Anna, Adam, Brian and Sex Drive Brandon for the wonderful memories you granted me.

And now, come with me on my ride. Enjoy the sights. Be giddy. I was.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...