I didn't noles I had to wear garnet. I noles now.


this dude was picture perfect..
Location: Macon GA, to Tallhassee, FL
Pics are: here.
Video is: here.

Heading to Tallahassee for the FSU game vs. North Carolina State.
I picked up some tickets on stub hub the night before.

This would be my first time to a big time football game. How did I decide to do this you ask? I didn't. I began looking for hotels, wondered why they were so expensive, discovered FSU had a game, and bought tickets. Simple.



Started the day working on four hours of sleep, which might explain the crazy video I've made for you today. Had to send it out to a few friends first because I needed to know if the shit that I find funny is just funny to me or also funny to other people as well.

Came across an armada of dudes and ladies on Harleys around 8AM. I passed them on the right hand lane because they took up the whole left lane and I think that this is probably taboo but I was taking pics of them all so I think they thought it was ok. A few of them gave me some nice shots. I backed off after I had gotten my fill and then followed them for about an hour until they all turned off.

spot the one guy who sees it..
When I got to Tallahassee, I already had a cab coming for me since I had spoken to Jeff at the hotel and he set something up for me so I could make it to the stadium on time, roughly.

These people do not fuck around. The game was a blast and there are few things that I love more than cheerleaders so I had pretty awesome time.

...my favorite lawman.
And I walked around a lot. I probably watched the game from about 15 spots, including a lot of spots I wasn’t supposed to be in, because the event staff was so nice to me when they saw that I was a retarded college football fan and also the only one there not wearing something in the color of garnet.

You become a fan real quick when you're in that environment. After the game was solidly a blowout of 27-0, FSU advantage, people started leaving, so I just kind of followed them around and about 10 minutes later came upon a bar called the “Palace.” What I know now and didn’t know then was this was the place to be. I had a beer which I was needing since they don’t allow alcohol in the stadium and its very hard to watch a live sport and not want to have a beer.
enhance. enhance.

I had another and another and watched people. I reviewed my pictures on the camera. And I realized that I always think I got a bunch more than I actually ever do. I was certain I had about 80 winners in there but I had only maybe 30 that were in focus. I'm working on it.

I was approached by a girl named “M” who was tall and brunette and had green eyes and she was a photographer. We talked about art school and being from the south and how college football is crass to a lot of people and how she thought that at first too and how her friends at art school would dismiss all of this as simple, but she just thought it was fun.

simple fun. 
And I told her about my exodus, and how much fun life can be when you forget about all that shit, and she was agreeable and I may have given her the blog address. I wasn’t drunk or anything, I just cant remember.

We went outside and she introduced me to her friends and we all hung out and watched this kid jump his little dirt bike. And then we watched a drunk dude grab the dirt bike and try to do the same and completely bite it.

this will bruise...
And when he did, no one was concerned, but a shit ton of people laughed and one came over and started throwing chicken wings at him as he was maybe dying in the dust.

have a wing...
That shit would have never happened at my college because we would have thought ourselves to be to intelligent enough to know the likely outcome.

And all that is, is fear. Fear of looking stupid. And it's such a beautiful and freeing moment to see people not thinking about a single thing except that very second that they are in.

I grab a cab back to the hotel and crash hard.

Around 9PM I wake up and am famished. I got to Shulas steak house, grab a wedge, BBQ shrimp, and a double cut pork chop with mashed potatoes and asparagus and three glasses of NxNW Cabernet. And I ate every moment of it.

And now, what happens when you don't sleep enough and spend four hours in a car. And you also might be slightly mental:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...