Ciao Bella! Breaking Away to Bloomington, IN.



Hey Chicago, it’s Detroit. Yeah, to your east. That Detroit. What’s with the fucking wind? That’s your thing. Keep it to yourself. You blow, I get it, but at least warn a brother next time your sending 40MPH wind my way.

Riding is impossible in this weather, and after spending the day driving around Detroit, maybe that’s for the best anyway. This city is rough. No sugar can sweeten that truth.

Detroit has broken wings. But there is super glue and steel and money and opportunists on the way, so sit tight Detroit, it seems as though people care after all. Despite the ghost town feel, there are areas smoldering and some making serious smoke.

BBQ Ribs at Slows.
Lunch at Slows BBQ on Michigan Ave. Damn son. I think I might have dribble-pissed when I bit into that first rib.

From there I drove downtown to the Riverfront which was clean, brand new, beautiful, and also completely empty of people. This city is standing with its arms wide open, sending flowers and laying chocolates at your door, but you are spitting in it’s face. C’mon Detroitians, ball is in your court.

My bartender.
The Henry Ford Museum was kick ass, see pics for more explanation.

So, I’m freezing and therefore I am headed south. Making a big move tomorrow and headed here. Yes, you read it right. Bloomington, Indiana.

Why? Oh, because that’s where “Breaking Away” was filmed and that’s a film I have seen more than 20 times.

And also, because this is going on…The Bloomington Hilly Hundred.

Here is the framed poster of "Breaking Away" in my house:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...