I did everything right. The World fucked it up.

Last day of the pre-Exodus life. Would have liked to spend a little more time on my thoughts on this day, but it started at 9AM and I just sat down.

I had planned on delivering some genuine thought on what's going on in the heart and head region, but I don't think I have it in me. I'm a little melancholy because I can't control the world. I thought that I might be able to, but I can't.

That's what I tell myself when things don't go according to plan. I say to myself "Gibbs, you can't control the world." And I do hear myself, unless I'm texting someone or thinking about women at the time.

For those of you who follow the timeline here, today was supposed to be the last, but very special, piece of the puzzle. The Audi was supposed to get taped up today. Do you have any idea how replete my soul would be if that had occurred? Very replete. Engorged.

Clearly, as you must have surmised, that did not occur. Because I can't control the world. And neither can Sean and his very kind crew at Designer Wraps. The printer simply refused to do comply by way of not being a printer that prints.

So I spent the night doing this:


Perhaps the Audi was cleaner the day I picked it up, but I can't be sure. Leave it at this; I went through two rolls of paper towels, 4 micro-fiber towels, 8 sets of rubber gloves, a half bottle of wheel cleaner, and close to 7 beers. Nine now, but now I'm relaxing.

All my shit is packed and all my shit is charged and all my shit is clean and all my shit is covered. Of course its going to rain tomorrow, but that I cant control either. But I will still try.

A text at 11PM from Sean at Designer Wraps tells me that they will be here at 7AM.  I have not seen that hour of the morning in many years, and definitely not because I had to. The upside is that I wont remember letting them in.

I will go back to bed and wake up to something similar to this pic at right. (Install video coming at you in a later post.)

And this six week, very stressful, exciting chapter can have a ".".

And now, STAGE ONE.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...