Ridiculously hot bikini and Peachy ride.


...in reference to being bit in the ass.
Location: Atlanta, GA

It was 78 and sunny today and I was super excited to ride.

I was expecting around 42 on a ride called "Silk Sheets" in Fairburn, Georgia, with some climbing. "Silk sheets" because the roads are so smooth that...finish my sentence.

I figured this one would not bite me in the ass since it was a ride that was recommended to me and  that apparently a lot of Atlantians? tions? tans? have done over and over again.


And it did not disappoint. It was silky smooth, just as advertised. Which is a good thing since most times anything with a proper moniker like “mountain ride “ or “scenic ride” hardly ever have mountains or scenics. 

And the road was so rolling that you hardly knew you were going uphill until you looked down to see if you had a flat tire or your brakes were rubbing and then you realized that you were going up just a very long hill, but it wasn’t violent like it is in PA.

They were long and lovely and slow and polite hills. 

The wind was in my face most of the way out and there was hardly any traffic and about 20 miles into it I got that euphoric feel like I couldn’t feel my bike and my mind was fully open to everything and I become hyper aware and I could let loose.

I know I am in the eupohoria hotspot when I start to pump my fists to the music, but without consciously deciding to do so. And every song was just perfect on the Deadmau5 station today and I want to kiss somebody/thing. 

The only downside was that I was planning on about 42 miles and what happened was that the ride is actually 50. And I was beginning to bonk a little and I could feel the salt in my body staging a massive exodus of its own.

But I continued to pump away and by the end, I was proud of myself for sticking it out, because a lot of the time when you are just about to bonk, you can tell your mind to zip it. And I did that today because my mind is my bitch.

Just a glorious ride on a glorious day, perhaps a top ten of all time.

When I was done, I drank a liter of water, a coke, a huge Powerade, two beers, and a snickers. In the Church parking lot in Fairburn, GA. At a picnic table, next to a cemetery.

So simple and so decadent. 


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...