Exodus has begun exiting.


Exodus has finally begun.

The tape job on the car came out…ok. It looks ridiculous. I use the word ridiculous in the sense that it is not humorless. You look at it and you think “that guy must be ridiculous, as in absurd, but not humorless.”

Seems the drunker people are, the more they want to high five you when they see it. Which speaks volumes because most people when they are drunk, the stick in their ass becomes undone.

The effect is just what I had envisioned, with one exception. That one exception is that I had not envisioned the red color to be not-red. It’s only red if you don’t put something up next to it that really is red. Then it’s red/orange. But I am also highly sensitive and I have a keen eye for color and I am anal, so I don’t think anyone else would make the same comment.


And to one-up this mistake, they also sent not exactly the right materials necessary to complete the car as planned. Namely the german flag for the right front faring. We had to make something up and it looks pretty close to the plan if the plan had been to fucking figure it out at the last minute.

But the point of no return was passed even before it was on the car. I didn’t have time for them to reprint. Today was the day. I had to be in NYC.

Took close to seven hours.
Click here for all the pics
So three hours later than I planned, I said goodbye to my bedroom, goodbye to all the lights I turned off, goodbye to my kitchen and to my beer fridge, and finally, goodbye to my closing garage door. And then I punched it.

I’m still not sure if I will ever be back. I really only have the next four months of my life planned, the unplanned section is the rest of it. But I’m not frightened, not yet. I’m sure there will be those moments, but right now I am not afraid of a single thing.

What I didn’t feel on this Exodus as I have every other time I hauled ass out of dodge, was sadness. All I felt was a calmness, lightness, and the gas pedal under my foot.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...