The Windy One Hundred and two cool hotel hosts


Early morning Hilly Hundred
Trying to walk into a Best Buy and only get the one thing that you are there for is not possible. If you are a man, than you know this. Walk into a hardware store for weed killer and walk out with a glue gun, ten feet of parachute cord, a headlamp, and maybe weedkiller if you can remember that far back.

There she is. Shine on. 
I had to go to there to pick up a new charger for my macbook, since I cut mine in half last night while closing the bathroom door on the cord. And Best Buy burned me. I have a new power cord and also a new pair of Bose headphones that looked very nice and made me buy them.

This morning I woke up at 7AM after to going to bed at 1AM pretty snickered in order to ride the 50 mile Sunday loop of the Hilly Hundred. I managed to remember to pack everything the night before and by 8AM I was at Ellettsville High School for the start.



Damn straight, son. 
The ride was..ok. Very pretty, not so hilly. I enjoyed it. Weird thing though, no one really talked to another, it was a very silent ride. Lonely, despite the 3,000 people with me. I think I was also the only one looking around at the sights. It was supposed to be fun, and yet ask me how many people I saw with smiles? Few. A few. And me.

Ask me how many people I talked you on the ride? That answer is one. A cool kid from outside of Bloomington. We rode together for the last ten miles and pounded out some nice wattage.

The most fun I had was with the two girls working at the hotel, "T" and "N."  They were so much help and hooked me up with my hotel in Lexington. Which is where I am now, trying to catch up with the blog despite a painfully slow Wi-Fi connection.
View all the pictures here. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...