You're damn right I'm sensitive.


Jamesville Reservoir, Syracuse, NY
Date: 10/4/11
Location: Syracuse, NY

I admit, I am a very sentimental, emotional person.

Some things just hit me at just the right angle, for example: dogs, hurt animals, and songs about little boy blue and the silver spoon. I would also call myself very sensitive. My parents used to use this term to describe me as in “Don’t be so goddamn sensitive” and so I thought it was a bad thing to be.

Now I realize that all it means to be sensitive is to give a shit a little more than most, and that my nervous system has a spidey sense for subtleties that most humans miss.

Looking back towards reservoir
So with that as a preface, I had a great ride today in Syracuse New York. I spent the morning at the Starbucks at the corner of Marshall Street and Walnut Ave. I went there mostly because it’s a Starbucks but also because it is right on campus and by now you know my penchant for beautiful women. I'll just say that after three hours there I was fucking JACKED up on caffeine and yoga pants and knee high boots.

I needed to ride today since I haven’t since September 17th. That is probably the longest stretch that I have gone in about five years without my ass on a saddle. It’s been so long I put everything on in the wrong order at first, and hard to start all over, and if you have ever gotten dressed to go riding in the cold, thats like walking into a screen door, meaning you feel fucking stupid and you should pay better attention.

Synopsis: for about 10 miles I’m all alone on mountain passes, maybe 2 or 3 cars pass me, trees beginning to change, have to stop for chickens and turkeys crossing the road, take a vid of myself, quiet quiet quiet, this set of gloves are not IPhone friendly, super long empty downhill, 54 degrees, constant pain in the rib area from the broken/bruised rib and can hardly stay out of the saddle and then...
.....the Crying Mountain.

Moments after blowing my
nose on this dudes
front lawn, right after the cry. 
I tend to cry when I see beautiful views, and I tended to it today. It wasn’t the first time I've cried on my bike, and it wont be the last. Awe-inspiring views are like SPCA commercials.

I stopped the bike and within a few seconds I was sobbing. For lots of reasons. It felt really good, it always does. I wasn’t feeling sad, who the fuck knows why it happened. It just did, and it was good, and I didn’t lift my head out of my hands or tone it town even when cars drove by. I cried right in front of them.

You remember cries like that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...