I drink your milkshake.


Date: 12.6.11
Location: El Paso, TX
Ride Day through Franklin Mountains
Video: here

I once spent over a month putting together myself a nice little doomsday package. You know, shit I really needed. Entrenchment tools, water purification pellets, dried food, 6 months worth of instant coffee, an Israeli-issue gas mask, lamps, batteries, tarps, parachute cord, bungee cords, aluminum sleeping bags, and the best maybe, the thing I actually had fun with, was the tactical tomahawk.

Yeah, it was all nuts. But I didn't feel odd when I was doing it, seemed totally normal. My friend turned me on to the idea that I needed to be ready when the shit hit the fan, and I bought the whole kitchen sink.

Tried to sneak into Mexico.
Got lost. 
We all do it. Especially now that the prime buying season is in full swing. There is no shame in it, but there is maybe a moment to take a second and consider it.

Oh, I dare you to try and fight it. The TV and the billboards and the radio will all fight you right back, and that is what is called a land-war with Asia, and you don't want that on your doorstep.

The suggestion is: what are you doing with your life if you're not consuming?

When your feeling not so great on the inside, its a boost to improve the outside. Like a haircut, that makes me a new man, and stuff, just fucking stuff, that all feels good to buy and have and stock up on.

But it fades. It fades, that feeling. And maybe I bought more shit to get that feeling back. It was mostly boredom. I loved the idea of always having something on its way in the mail.

Yeah, I did walk down to my garage every once in a while to peek in at those two beautiful black beasts sitting there. My beasts. Even though one, I never drove.

So, you see why I took this Exodus...because of the meaningless shit I was doing and buying so that I could track it and wonder when it would get to me so I could rip it open then start tracking the next one. Sometimes I would only order half of what I wanted, so I could order the other half the next day. What do you call that in simple terms?

No, not bi-polar. Meaning. Purpose.

And now, I have a bit more objectivity and I see the frivolous for what it was, which was feeding seymour. And I have the conviction to start building a bottom in that pit, and to continue to fill it up with good things, like the way that woman in Austin looked when she looked at me for the first time, and the frighteningly potent rush of sitting right by that freight train, and if I could remember 25% of it, than throw in the 25% of the crap I think about when I'm riding my bike.

I could play with those toys endlessly.

AUDI has no sense of humor. 
Look, I'm not saying I dont like nice things, if you knew me well you would tell me to take this entry and shove it up my ass, because I do have nice things. I worked hard for them, and maybe I wouldn't want to go without about 40% of my things. But I am saying that I just got to thinking about it, and I noticed that the simplest moments from this trip have made me feel the most solid.

And I'm not trying to treat you like your stupid, because only highly articulate, well-formed human beings read this blog, and you ladies are very pretty and you gentlemen are handsome, but all I'm suggesting is maybe draw a picture every once in a while instead of watching TV, and see how it makes you feel.

You remember pictures, you drew them all the time when you were a kid.

My ride today:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...