You cant make this stuff up.


Mexico, right across Lake Amistad.
Date: 11.28.11
Location: Del Rio, TX

Del Rio sure is purdy. Purdy like I thought she might be. But not purdy enough to stay and sleep in with her. So I'm off to Marfa, TX.

More on Marfa later. I'll be staying here www.elcosmico.com, in a restored trailer. No less than 8 people in Austin told me I should go there. So that's a pretty good preface.

I'm excited to find a place I can chill for a while again, and the riding is apparently amazing there, just north in the Davis Mountains State Park.



My house in Marfa, TX
I also have this non-urge that is somehow morphed into an actual urge to shoot and kill an animal. It could be the last thing on the list of things I have ever "wanted" to do, but I think that's why I should be moving it up. Just a thing on my mind, a thing I'm afraid of, but I think this might be the place and time, provided it becomes a meal and not a trophy.

And make no judgements, because if you know my love of animals you would know this is hard to even say out loud. And if you don't know, read this.

And I just can't get "No Country for Old Men" off my mind, since lots of it was shot in Marfa, as was "Giant" and "There Will Be Blood" which are three sick movies.

So all day I've been quoting out loud from these films and you can't imagine how badly I want to flip a quarter and tell the guy behind the counter to call it.

A little slice of my life from yesterday:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...