Please Send Suncreen

Location: Honolulu, HI   Ride: here  Pics: here
Obviously, I eat out a lot, and I notice shit. Like people not talking to each other. People on their phones consistently despite the beautiful surroundings. Personally, I do spend a lot of time online but it's mostly spent keeping up this site, making videos, planning, looking for places to stay and for cool places to visit.

These people are on vacation and they are still staring at their phones. I don't get it man. They should take everyone's phone away at the airport.



While dining by myself I also get to see, and question, certain restaurant trends. Like how a bread basket or an amuse-bouche is not just a given anymore, but "compliments of the chef." What bullshit. "Compliments of the chef" means a dish that you would normally pay for, not a popover and some butter. You are insincerely trying to make me feel special and I am aware of this and therefore I don't feel so special. Mission accomplished, Chef.

North Shore
And fresh cracked pepper? Waiter, pa-leez. We all stop and stare like it's a highway accident. How much is enough? Who will make the final decision? Why is the pepper inside of a torpedo?

The pepper goes everywhere and I always feel like an asshole, because I require a lot of pepper, so I just let the guy go on and on and I suspect he suspects that I am fucking with him. I am not.

I don't know, this is the kind of shit I think of on any given day.

Still in Honolulu, weather has been spectacular, and the scenery is paradisiacal. Rides have been very nice but for the traffic, which is horrendous. Seventh most congested state in the USA, if you did not know. I do, because I looked it up, while sitting in traffic.

I'm eager to move on, and the next time you'll hear from me I will be in Australia. Going for a ride now, and then some stand-up-paddleboard, which sounds achingly boring, but I am eager for it to surprise me.

See what I saw here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...