This is more like it.

Location: Madrid
Pictures: here
Video: here

Woke up a little giddy yesterday morning, because I woke up in fucking Spain. Bike made it over in a few pieces, but no more pieces than it was in when I packed it, so that’s a major relief. Had to go a find a bike shop to put it back together, and I only had one day here in Madrid so I had to be hasty.

I did pick out a store but I also just kind of drove around aimlessly, as I like to do. The upside to doing that in Europe is that you run into cool shit consistently. The downside is that sometimes you up in a plaza where cars aren’t allowed, which also happened to me and got me a little conversation with the policia.

Although it was a conversation where we both laughed. And there were no injuries.

It is fucking cold as tetas here, however, so I had to drop some cash on some warmer stuff, since I was counting on 60’s, not 15, which it was last night.

Today, I’m meeting some friends from Philadelphia who happened, completely coincidently, to be traveling to Madrid. To further that coincidence, they are staying in a hotel about 2 blocks from my apartment. (Update: waited in a famous puerta for 45 minutes; they never showed)

After that, I’ll fire up the Picasso (my car) and drive about 400k to Cordoba. It’ll be about 4 hours if I take the fast route, 5 if I go scenic. Guess which one I’ll take…

And since I was so happy, and because everyday I am more and more convinced that floating about is my destiny, that I let my thoughts float around a bit and they ended up here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...