Never park a car hungry again!


Location: Puerto Banus, Spain
Ride day: here
Pictures: here

It's not like I didn't expect this to happen, but I'm getting pretty lonely. Lil bit, lil bit. I'm not saying I'm lonely in the sense of needing a woman, its just lonely in the sense of not having someone to turn to and say, that was fucking incredible, wasn't it?

So I end up talking to myself a shit-ton. And I do make myself laugh, so thats a plus.

My first time traveling long term, I was 19/20 years old and staying in hostels. I met people along the way, people who spoke English or maybe didn't, but we were all sort of surfing that same wave, and we could latch on to one another.

There are not 39 year old single people traveling. So there is no latching. And in the states, it was never that bad because the language was common, and I could have dinner with people, I could make funny with people, and I didn't feel so out in the cold.

Although my Spanish is sufficient at this point to have a conversation with someone who speaks no English, I do not know how to be sarcastic in Spanish, and sarcasm is mostly 80% of the shit that comes out my mouth, so I feel, I guess I feel not myself. Because I'm literally not capable of it.

If you can make a joke in another language, to me, that's being fluent.

Although some funny shit does occur as a result of my self-teaching. Like yesterday when I asked the girl at the front desk where I could park my car. I do know how to say this in Spanish but I guess I put the wrong inflection on the word "aparcar" because she went in the back, and of course I'm not sure why she is doing this, maybe to get a map or something, but she brings me a bag of popcorn.

I take the bag of popcorn. I wonder why I have a bag of popcorn. And then I realize when I said "park car" she heard "pop corn." So now I know how to ask for popcorn, which may or may not come in handy.

I do love the tiny adventures I'm having:
  • Took a cab over to Gibraltar when I was in Algeciras and had a nice long talk with an English bartender there. She was 18 and she had NEVER been out of Gibraltar. Not once. This is a place about 4 miles wide by a single mile long. It's weird how the U.K. held on to tiny little enclaves of an empire. 
  • While there also got my ear talked raw by an English born Indian who was/is a Gurkha. He is a very fucking angry Gurkha and fucking hates every fucking country and especially the fucking Queen. 
  • Went to my favorite strip club in the world last night in Puerto Banus and it is still my favorite strip club in the world. 
  • Every single cafe con leche or cortado in the sun is euphoric. 
  • Went for a ride today up a very large mountain. One of the top 5 most enjoyable rides of my life.
  • Staying at a stunning hotel for super cheap, because it's off-season and also Spain is having a bit of financial trouble that you may be aware of. 
So, in general, things are going down that are blowing my mind. I just wish, kinda, that I had someone to smile about it with. Maybe I got one out of you. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...