Grass gets greener when you water it


No. I do not care. It's
all rock and roll to me. 
Date: 1.6.12
Location: Los Angeles
Pictures: here and here

Maybe one thing that I have had to hone a bit over the last four months has been explaining what this is all about. Because the truth is that is about nothing at all and the truth is also that it's about every damn thing dating back to when I was eight years old.

It may be the simplest thing I have ever done or the most absurd. It is base and it is extremely complex, depending on when you catch me.

In one version of the story, I packed my shit and hauled ass with no intent but to get away. In another, I took five years to fully acknowledge my discontent and made a million meticulously researched decisions, and planned exhaustively so that everything was in perfect order and no one was left standing with their pants down.

The simplest way of putting it is that I wanted something significant to occur. That's the best I can articulate it. Because when you are searching for something in particular, you are highly unlikely to find it. When you are searching for you-know-not-what, then you are likely to find quite a bit.

All I knew is that maybe something horrible or something great would come of it, but I was certain that neither the former nor the latter or anything in between the two would be coming my way by riding the same, slow bus, every single day.

In the last five days in LA, well, I have had a chance to re-visit this place. And you wonder why I would decide to come back to a place that gave me a wrap-around one minute then turned me over and crapped on my face the next? Because I can't stand a grudge, and I wanted to make peace with it. I did, I think, within just a few hours of being here.

And from this I have realized what exactly? Same thing I have realized in every place that I have been in this world: that a place is exactly how I decide to make it.

And that warm weather helps.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...