Hey tree! What's with being a tree and all?


Location: LA

I was in the car the other day driving through Santa Monica and there was a guy all over my ass and so I pulled over and waved him by.

I'm not in a hurry, so why not? And when he pulls up next to me he shouts "What'ya doin? Just looking at girls?" And I thought, uh, yeah, that's actually exactly what I'm doing. That's what you yell at me?

It wasn't even an insult, I don't know what it was. I guess he was just making an observation, like a painfully obvious agressive driver should. If you were watering your plants this guy would walk up and be like "Hey, what do you think you're doing here? Watering plants or something?"

So that made me laugh almost all day.

A couple of other things about LA that are funny/interesting to me and then I'll get to yesterdays ride video; (1) if you are a bartender or a barista and you are not wearing a suit vest and a tie and perhaps an ironic hat, then you are bucking a serious trend, my friend, and you will be called out (2) the food scene here is shockingly impressive and (3) quite a few people would like to mention that they have lived/will live in NYC. 

Oh, and if you don't have a kid or a mate and you are over 30, for christ's sake get a rescue puppy, and make it nice and small. I mean, who do you think you are just being all alone and happy?

And lastly, if you're gonna ride a fixie in the bike lane, please don't be touching the handlebars. Only losers ride fixies with their hands on the handlebars. Sit up, balance that shit, and text, write notes in your screenplay booklet or, fuck it, get loose and play some "Words with Friends." But don't pay attention. Losers pay attention. Winners get doored. 

And now, yesterdays ride. I'm putting in some solid miles this month, could be a PR for me. 
And I can't get enough of this song either.

All of my videos are here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...