I feel lighter already


Everybody writes for an audience. Anything any writer or poet or little kid jotting in his diary in the middle of the night, tells you to the contrary, is straight bullshit.

And it’s prudent as well, since inevitably someone is going to find it/hack it/redistribute it/post it on a bathroom wall.

And keeping a potential audience in mind is, sometimes, very prudent. You think those naked pics of your GF/BF haven’t been seen someone other than the password holder of your private email? You are an idiot. SOMEONE at fillintheblank.com has access to that shit and you know it. 

And I realized today that one of the many struggles I was having with this blog was finding and using my own voice.  I dreaded the thought of having to fill this space because I was over-thinking what I thought people would “like” to read.  Reminds me of the scene in “Basquiat” when the overdressed, sexless, rich woman from the Upper West Side says “I like this one, but can you do it in brown?”

(c) Jean-Michel Basquiat
No, I’m not calling myself an artiste. I have no grand formula for how this is all going to work out. But I am going to start painting this blog in the color I choose, not the one I think is going to fit whatever specific view of the world you happen to subscribe to.

No more fluff. No more impersonal. And more importantly, there will be no more finishing that airless cake in sweet vanilla just because I might be afraid of the collective judgment.

“Wasn’t one of your main goals behind “living the dream” letting go of your fears” you say? Yes, thank you for pointing that out. You are quite right.

So, that part is over. And as an FYI to all you little kiddies out there, namely just my nieces and nephews, there will be a lot more cursing from now on.  Because that’s how I fucking talk. And you’re mostly old enough.

And that will be the end of the entry today, because wiping the slate clean should be razor quick and cathartic. From now on, you’re going to get the real story behind The Exodus.

And you know what? I think I will start posting pictures of women too. Because I love women.

I feel lighter already.

Balls. Fuck. Tits. 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...