Last Entry of Exodus Stage One


The final ride in Santa Barbara.
When I was a kid, man, shit was great. I took naps and fell out of trees and made friends with everyone and rode bikes and crapped in my pants and everything was new and exciting.

And then my mind got kidnapped and the world reached back and bitch-slapped me, and people I trusted told me what was bad and what was stupid and what was gross and what I was absolutely not supposed to say or do.

Then, when I learned that I had to do, or own, very particular stuff in order for people to like me or for me to fit in and for me to feel ok about myself, things got even worse.

I've been working on getting back to my kid-self for many years now. And maybe in just the last three years or so, I have realized that the truths I sought (happiness, intimacy, success) are not achievements, but things that I could simply choose to activate.

I've said quite a bit in the last three months, so I'll refrain from digging any deeper than that.

Thanks for sharing it with me. I've made tons of new friends through this blog and throughout this trip, and reconnected with many old ones. I'm thankful for each and every one. And yeah, I'm a little sad and a little reflective so I'll say it and I'll mean it: "I love you."

And as I said in the beginning:

"I hope that somewhere along the way I inspire you to live YOUR dream. Remember that whatever that may mean to you, that it doesn't have to make sense to anyone but YOU. Stake your claim and untether yourself from your fears. The world will reward you."

I hoped that was true when I wrote it. Now, I believe it.

See ya!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...